Monday, October 1, 2012

Happy October !

I love when the first day of the month falls on a Monday. Fresh week, fresh month, fresh start. Not to mention this month happens to be my favorite of the year. Time for cinammon and ginger scented candles, making pumpkin soup, and reading Jane Austen while cuddled up on the couch sipping chai tea. I feel a slight chill in the morning when I ride my bike to the subway and it puts a smile on my face.

Highlights from this past weekend include:

  • Opening a joint bank account with Ilias
  • Celebrating our financial togetherness with milkshakes from Big Daddy's and fresh flowers from the Union Square market
  • Watching Ilias dance Zorba at Mehanata as everyone gathered around to cheer him on (I wish I had video!)
  • Dancing until early morning with people I love
  • Excited talks about our future on the Q train at 4am over McDonalds
  • Kicking Ilias' trash at Monopoly and watching him sulk about going "bankrupt"
  • Making fried zucchini and chocolate cake together





Happy October!

1 comment:

  1. Why you forgot to mention that I beat you at UNO??? ....and I have to teach you Zorba....next time we'll dance together!!!

    ReplyDelete